The Joint Commission is the governing body of the Center for Gender & Diversity. Professors, academic staff, and students form a Joint Commission for Women’s Studies, Women’s and Gender Studies, Gender and Queer Studies as an inter-university association to raise awareness for the topics of gender and diversity in studies, teaching, research, and to further the exchange of knowledge between Hamburg’s universities.
The Joint Commission was first established back in 1985 by three of the universities in Hamburg. Today, a total of nine Hamburg universities are members of the Joint Commission.
Chairwoman of the Joint Commission: Prof. Dr. Andrea Blunck (Universität Hamburg, Department of Mathematics)
Deputy Chairwoman of the Joint Commission: Dr. Miriam Tariba Richter, University of Applied Sciences Hamburg (HAW Hamburg), Department of Care and Management.
- Prof. Dr. Andrea Blunck (UHH); Prof. Dr. Martina Neuburger (deputy)
- Prof. Dr. Daniela Rastetter (UHH); Prof. Dr. Franziska Müller and Prof. Dr. Almut Peukert (deputies)
- Dr. Gilberto Rescher (UHH); Dr. Frederike Esche (deputy)
- Vivien Mohr (UHH)
- Myriam Kamara (UHH); Zandile Ngono (deputy)
- Prof. Dr. Miriam Richter (HAW Hamburg); Prof. Dr. Anne Vogelpohl (deputy)
- Prof. Dr. Yeliz Yildirim Krannig (HAW Hamburg); Prof. Dr. Hanna Klimpe (deputy)
- Stef Heidebrecht (HAW Hamburg)
- Dagmar Richter (TUHH)
- Prof. Dr. Anja Steidinger (HFBK)
- Mira Riebau (HfMT); Lea Jakob (deputy)
- Prof. Dr. Annette Eicker (HCU)
- Lisa Rosen (HSU); Prof. Dr. Barbara Sieben (deputy)
- Andrea Leuck-Baumanns (BLS)
- Prof. Dr. Siegfried Saerberg (Ev. University); Dr. Anneke Wiese and Sabine Maaß (ZeDiS) (deputies)